Sunday, December 13, 2009

Am I allowed to take cosmetics and perfume in my hand luggage?

Am I allowed to take any cosmetics in my hand luggage e.g. eyeliner, blusher or any perfume?Am I allowed to take cosmetics and perfume in my hand luggage?
This is the info I was given by Thomsons prior to my flight in December and as far as I am aware this still stands.





The liquids must be in individual container(s) no larger than 100 millilitres (3.5 fluid oz) and must be carried within one transparent re-sealable or zip-top plastic bag with a capacity not exceeding 20cm x 20cm or 8 inches x 8 inches or one litre capacity. Customers will be responsible for providing their own resealable bag.





The contents of the plastic bag must fit comfortably and be easily visible. The contents must not be packed on top of each other and the bag must be completely closed.





The plastic bag must be removed from hand baggage, prior to the airport security search point as it will be screened separately.





Any customers with liquids in containers of more than 100ml or who are unable to meet the detailed restrictions will be required to pack them in their hold baggage.Am I allowed to take cosmetics and perfume in my hand luggage?
sadly you wont be allowed to take your own stuff on the plane. unless you buy perfume, cosmetics at the airport shops or duty free. they will be put into a clear bag so the airport checkers know u purchased them at the airport
I flew last month and I wasn't allowed perfume or lip balm. Powdered make-up was ok though.
i am just back from spain and you cannot take cosmetics in hand luggage,i also know someone who had bought new make up expensive stuff and had it in there hand luggage and it was taken of them so i wouldnt chance it.
for perfume, 30 ml -travel size
I live in Spain and fly back and forth a lot. I find there are no set rules and it very much depends on the airline. i.e easyjet are pretty laid back and i took all my make up with me last time, although some airlines won't even allow a lipstick. Best bet is to phone the airline before hand. You can take on anything you buy in duty free.
I flew last month, and i didnt risk taking perfume or any other liquid, even lip balm in my hand luggage. I was allowed face powder though!
Call your travel agent or the Airline you are scheduled to depart with. They will let you know EXACTLY what is OK and not ok.
aslong as your stuff is under 100ml
I travelled to Marbella in May and thought it was OK to take this stuff in my hand luggage including a deodrant, hairspray and a sun cream.......





Every item was confiscated in cluding a brand new mascara! I was gutted!!!





Don't take the chance hun
I got caught with this and got all my MAC make up taken off me, I was nearly crying!! You can only take 100ml containers in a small clear plastic bag (they give you these as you go through the security check) beware they will take powders off you too. To play safe I would stick everything in your hold suitcase. The last time I travelled I only took a lip gloss and very small hand cream in my hand luggage x
The following is a guide to the security requirements for all passengers departing from UK airports and also provides some advice that will help passengers pass through the security search point as quickly as possible.





Key Points to remember:





Each passenger is restricted to carrying only one item of cabin baggage through the airport search point with a maximum size of 56cm x 45cm x 25cm. Other bags, such as handbags, may be carried within the single item of cabin baggage.


Where possible, put all liquid items in your hold baggage. This includes water and other drinks, creams, sprays, pastes and gels.





CHECK WITH AIRLINE TO BE SAFE
Are yr liquids, aerosols and gels 100ml or less? those are include items such as drinks, creams, perfumes, sprays, gels, toothpaste, lipstick, lip balm and similar substances. if the items are greater than 100ml., place them in yr check-in baggage. if each item is 100ml. or less fit in a transparent, re-sealable plastic bag maximum capacity not exceeding one litre and only one bag per person is allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism